2023 Innovative Content Grant for International Co-Funding and Co-Productions is now open for application.
Technology development and breakthroughs enable cultural content and creative narratives to grow beyond our imaginations. Cultural, creative, and digital technologies converge to construct and explore future narratives. Taiwan is gifted with unparalleled free and open environments for creators, full-fledged ICT ecosystems and internet infrastructure, and all kinds of applications. In recent years, multiple projects from Taiwan have been selected or awarded in international contests.
2023 Innovative Content Grant for International Co-Funding and Co-Productions Program encourages international cooperation to grope for the contemporary development of narrative innovation or technological integration through transnational alliances so as to further promote the future possibilities of cultural content.
The grant is open to creative content projects which are a co-funding or co-production between Taiwanese and international teams. Each selected project will receive up to NTD 5 million(approx USD 160,000/EUR 145,000). The open call will close on 14th July, 2023.
What we are looking for
Projects should place creative content at their cores, and deliver innovative and interactive proposals on narratives, artistic performances, and/or interactive experiences with technology:：
- Formats are not limited, such as:
- Including but not limited to projects with innovative and interactive narratives, performances, and interaction contents.
- Cultural content productions on innovative and interactive user experiences via certain digital technologies, devices or locations.
- Must be related to cultural content, including film and television, music, publishing, ACG (animation, comics, games), performing arts, visual art, fashion design or other types of cultural content.
- User experiences of the project can be presented in a variety of ways, including interactive, multiplayer, AR, VR, MR, haptic, immersive sound, and complex content, etc.
- Integrated Technologies are not restricted including but not limited to augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), game engines (Unity/Unreal), big data, artificial intelligence (AI), sensing technology, haptics technology, object tracking, etc.
Who can apply
- The company, Institution, museum, Cultural Institution, or foundation established pursuant to the ROC laws.
- The project shall be a co-funding or co-production between Taiwanese and international teams, whereby Taiwan shall be listed as one of the presenting countries in the project;
- the project shall has begun production shall be able to be completed within 15 months after receiving the grant;
- 30% of the self-funding of the proposed project is preferably being raised
- Each project is limited to NTD$ 5 million(approx. USD 160,000/EUR 145,000). The actual amount that may be granted shall depend on the assessment of the Review Panel and an announcement will be posted that shall specify the granted amount.
- In addition to the aforementioned grant limit, the amount of the grant applied for a project shall not exceed 49% of the total estimated production cost specified in the proposal.
- Machinery & equipment, Marketing & promotional expenditures are excluded from the grant coverage, but rental costs are not subject to this limit.
How to apply and key date
Register and apply via https://dash.taicca.tw/brd/fci-112/apply
The open call will close on 17:00 (GMT+8) 14th July, 2023.
Please download HERE
Guideline_2023 International Innovative Content Grant
Appendix 1_Important Notice & Explanations on the Required Documents
Appendix 2_Joint Proposal Agreement and MOU for Representative Election
Appendix 3_Budget List (templates)
【Short version】2023 Innovative Content Grant
TAICCA Innovative Content Grant | [email protected]
Rae YEN ｜[email protected]
Alice CHANG ｜02-2745-8186 #356 ｜ [email protected]