Grants and Funds
Villa Formose Immersive - France XR Prototyping Residency - call for applications until Sept. 3rd
Strengthened by its previous collaborations with the Taiwanese XR ecosystem, the Forum des images partners with the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (referred as CNC), Taiwan Creative Content Agency (referred as TAICCA), Kaohsiung Film Archive and the French Office in Taipei, to launch the Villa Formose Immersive in 2023: an exceptional bilateral residency program for immersive creation between France and Taiwan.
The France XR Prototyping Residency will allow one Taiwanese creator to go to Paris between March and April 2024 for a period of 3 to 7 weeks (depending on the project) to develop the prototype of an immersive experience with the help of French artists and professionals.
Any creator invested in the field of XR/immersive creation aged 18 years and over,
with Taiwanese nationality, speaking English (and/or French) and with at least a first professional experience in the XR/immersive field.
- All creative and innovative XR or immersive projects (including but not limited to VR360, VR interactive, augmented or mixed reality, installation including immersive technologies, hybrid live performance) with international impact (potentials in fundraising and international distribution), providing that it is a Taiwanese production or co-production.
- Formats, themes, subjects, and lengths of the project are not restricted, but the project should place cultural creative content at its core.
- Please refer to article 3.2 for the complete list of essential documents in the registration form.
- One round-trip flight ticket Taiwan - Paris (economy class)
- A 3 to 7 weeks accommodation and a workspace in Paris
- Mentoring sessions, conference opportunities.
- Accreditation for the 2023 TCCF and Kaohsiung Film Festival, the 2024 Industry Days (NewImages Festival), TCCF and Kaohsiung Film Festival.
- Showcase opportunities for the prototype or a more developed work-in-progress during NewImages Festival, Taiwan Creative Content Fest (TCCF) and Kaohsiung Film Festival in 2024.
- A grant of 1,400,000 NTD including but not limited to production fee, daily living allowance of 50 EUR/day, insurances and taxes. Other travels and private expenses are not covered.
- For the production fee, any expenditures for the purchasing machinery & equipment & software, renovating, repairing or rental of space, for marketing & promotional activities, are excluded from the grant coverage; however, rental costs of machinery & equipment & software are not subject to this limit.
Undertakings of the selected creator
- Execute the residency plan and the production plan according to the submitted deck.
- Provide a written report or other files of the prototyping and residency process, and take part in at least 5 events organized by the Villa Formose Immersive 2023-2024 partners as speaker.
How to apply
- The open call will close on 11:59 pm (GMT) Sunday, September 3rd, 2023.
- Online application form: https://wqjskbnz.paperform.co/
- For more information: https://newimages-hub.com/en/residencies/
Regulation of call for applications
Forum des images: [email protected]
Shall there be any controversy in relation to this Regulation or matters not covered in this Regulation, the interpretation of the Villa Formose Immersive 2023-2024 partners shall govern.