Seeing Taiwan’s edge in the developing trend in the content industry, the TAICCA has launched a three-year grant program and formulated the Application Guideline for the Immersive Content Grant for International Joint Ventures or Co-Productions to support international joint ventures and co-productions of immersive content that feature Taiwanese elements. Application is open to two categories of projects:
PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT and PRODUCTIONS. The grant is to support the completion of immersive content productions and the development and production of prototypes for early-stage projects. It is hoped through international co-production, content with international visibility and market potential can be created, and Taiwan can become an international center of innovation in immersive content.
LIMIT ON GRANT AMOUNT
PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT CATEGORY: Each project is limited to NT$1 million.
PRDUCTION CATEGORY: Each project is limited to NT$3.5 million.
SUBJECT AND FORM
There are no restrictions on the projects’ subject or form. It can be a 360-degree VR, interactive, online multiplayer, cross-reality (XR), somatosensory, immersive audio or mixed-content spatial experience. The duration depends on the subject.
*Advertisement projects CANNOT be used for applying to the Immersive Content Grant for International Joint Ventures or Co-Productions.
*Applicants must agree to the TAICCA being one of the producers of their work and that the organization can receive exposure in related presentations and media coverage. Promotion schedules, locations, and methods are to be decided by the TAICCA. Applicants shall also agree to fulfill necessary partner obligations, which includes obtaining all authorizations for promotions and media exposure.
Application Deadline: From March 3rd 2020 to April 30th 2020, Taiwan time (based on the time when the application documents are received by TAICCA)
How to apply: Please send the application to [email protected], with the subject ‘Application for the VR Grant for Joint Ventures or Coproductions / (company name) / Prototype Development Category or Production Category’
The approved list of applicants will be announced by the midMay, 2020.
Applicants must apply as a validly existing company, which is not limited to companies established in accordance with ROC law.
Companies established under ROC law must have a team with a foreign jointventure or co-production and must present relevant proof listed in the “Importance Notice & Explanations on the Required Documents and Materials of the Application for the Immersive Content Grant for International Joint Ventures and Co-Productions.”
Applicants from companies not established under ROC law must meet the minimum point requirements of their prototype development and production team composition specified in Appendix II and submit relevant proof. Those that do not meet the criteria will not have their applications reviewed. The final results of the review are to be decided by the review panel.
*The International Immersive Grant of Joint-Ventures and Co-Production guideline has been updated on 24th March, please download the new version of Appendix I, II and III:
The updated guideline details are:
- The extension of the application deadline to 30th April, and the approved list of applicants will be announced by the mid-May, 2020.
- The tertiary level educational institutions are also qualified to apply the grant.
- Machinery & equipment expenditure is excluded from this grant coverage, but the rental costs are not subject to this limit.
- Approved applicants in the production category and prototype category, their projects shall be closed in accordance with regulations governing the application within one month starting from the day the completion is confirmed by the TAICCA.
- There are NO regulations governing the maximum ratio of foreign sources accounting for said funds. However, if the funds are completely contributed by foreign investors, the applicant must meet the minimum required points as specified in Appendix III.
- The applicants for the production category and prototype category, must submit a complete storyboard or a document/file that fully demonstrates the content of the production shall include the content outline and character introduction.
- Each project proposal shall be submitted in written form: One copy in Chinese and the other in English. All cooperation contracts, agreements, and letters of intent composed in foreign languages shall be translated into either Chinese or English before submission.
- All the submitted documents shall be sent within the deadline in digital form to this email address: [email protected]
- To close a prototype development and prototype project, the applicant shall submit a CPA-audited financial statement of total income and expenditure as well as the original copy of the original expenditure voucher documents of grant-aided payments (offshore expenditure voucher documents of grant-aided payments may be provided in photocopy form, but said documents must be audited by a local CPA and authenticated by the ROC’s representative office in the home country or by the home country’s representative office in the ROC. The content of said documents must be translated into Chinese and the offshore expenditure shall be denominated in NTD) shall be submitted with an independent auditor’s report (which shall specify the exact amount and ratio that account for the total funds contributed by the receiver of the Immersive Content Grant for International Joint Ventures and Co-Productions).
*Please make sure to download the Appendix I, II and III before the submission of each project:
Ms. Michelle WANG: 02-2745-8186 #702, [email protected]
Ms. Hallie CHI: 02-2745-8186 #512, [email protected]